Monday, October 06, 2008

Catching up

I have a few things I want to say, I'm behind on the blogging:
1. Congrats to the Kalamakis family on the birth of beautiful Payton Andrew! I wish you guys the very best and send you lots of love!
2. Congrats to Cynthia and Will on their engagement. What a surprise! I can't wait for the planning and the big day. We're dying to find out where the wedding will be, make a decision immediately!
3. I just finished reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Piccault. Wow was I pissed off after I read the last chapter. Man, talk about a stupid ending. I feel robbed; I spent all this time reading the book only to be slapped in the face in the end. Hated it. hated, hated, hated it.
4. I am eating a Cup Noodles (I thought there was an O in there but apparently not). It's really good. It reminds me of cheap lunches in the student center at LW. Good times. As a side note, it is impossible to gracefully eat noodle soup; it is also impossible to gracefully walk downhill. These are two things I am sure of.
5. I am not so sure what's wrong with my furry friend Lola. After a trip to the emergency vet (cue cash register ringing sound), we think she might have a disease called Addison's. We don't know for sure yet but it's really very sad and expensive. The disease is treatable but it's hard to see our little buddy so sick. I am wondering if I should have kids; some things are really hard to handle.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Hi Mariana. I spy on your blog now.

I hated My Sisters Keeper too. I vowed after that to never read a Jodi Piccault book again.

Hope your dog gets better quickly.

Anonymous said...

Lit - I read MSK when I was in Copenhagen and was already feeling moderately fragile. When I closed the last page I threw it across the room. Wretched!

Get well soon Lola. xx

Anonymous said...

awww poor widdle lola. :(

-amber

Stacie said...

How is Lola doing???? I hope she's un! I think Tuck and Peen have kennel cough - sweet! KA CHING!!