Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Bah Humblog


I've mentioned before that I'm not very fond of Christmas. I don't really hate it, but I certainly don't look forward to it either. I find it all really stressful and fake. I don't want to go on and on about rampant consumerism, greed, my horrible gift wrapping skills, shitty holiday work parties, getting hosed at the annual white elephant exchange or someone who will remain unnamed bitching every year about putting up the tree and then bitching about taking it down. No, I won't go into it. Suffice to say I don't like Christmas because of the crappy music. I blame Mariah Carey...and Starbucks.
So this year we're spending Christmas in Mazatlan and we've enforced a very strict no gift policy. It might be the perfect Christmas. I'll let you know.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can celebrate Hanukkah like my son decided we were doing this year. (we're not even Jewish-shhh) :)

amber8184 said...

oh WHAAAAAT?! you left *that* out when you were over yesterday!