Friday, March 20, 2009

Jelly Bellies are not smelly jellies


Um ,what? I even confuse myself with this nonsense sometimes.

Ok, so, there is a tub of Jelly Bellies (would it be Bellys or Bellies? Paging the grammar police) in our lunch room. The tub has 49 flavors of jelly beans and a big spoon inviting you to come try each one. I filled up a Dixie cup and took them to my desk. I then proceeded to try them one at a time and guess the flavor. So far I've tried kiwi, kiwi strawberry, sour kiwi, kiwi pineapple and buttered popcorn. Obviously I suck at this game because they all taste like kiwi. And here's something to consider, I don't even like jelly beans. They all taste like gummy sugar once you eat through the top layer. Then they stick to your teeth. Oh, and it's pointless to guess the flavor by smelling them. They don't smell like anything. Is it possible that I'm so bored I've resorted to mindless jelly bean eating games? I'll be right back, I'm going to try and find a life.

3 comments:

amber8184 said...

hahaha that's ok, we have Belly Flops over in JOW's office. I had a really, really horrible one the other day. Unidentifiable, but disgusting.

littlemeah said...

What is a Belly Flop? Unidentifiable and disgusting? Sounds like a bad combo.

amber8184 said...

no no, they are correct flavors (in most cases) but they are jelly belly mistakes - two stuck together, squares, missed the logo printing, etc. You can actually buy them on their website.