Friday, June 13, 2008

Meh

There hasn't been much going on lately. Lola turned 4 on June 4th. Dan bought her a cake and a big stuffed monkey that makes an incredible grunting noise when you squeeze his belly. We call him Mr. Monkey, original, I know. He gets along great with Lola's other friends, Duck and Paper Towel Roll. He's wearing a stupid hat and his eyes are crossed, so he fits in great at our place.

I've been battling skull searing boredom at work lately. I don't think I can do one more crossword puzzle. My cubicle walls are closing in on me. I think it's time for an intervention. Let's get together, I'll pretend I don't know about it, and you'll fix a pitcher of margaritas and tell me I need a new job. Deal? Sweet. I'm free most weekends in July.

I took my car in for an oil change and now they're replacing my transmission. Does that seem weird to you? My car is only 2 years old. Now I'm driving Chaplin VW's loaner I have nicknamed the pukeymobile because it smells wretched. I drive with the window open most of the time and wash my hands immediately when I arrive at my destination. It doesn't have a sunroof or seat heaters and all the radio pre-sets are programmed to 100.7 The Wolf. I think this car is the portal to hell. My cubicle comes a close second. I think my cubicle is Satan's plan B in case the car doesn't whisk me away to hell as it's supposed to. Clever Satan, very clever.

Is the sun ever going to come out? Well? Is it?

And finally, TFI go F yourself. Maybe I'll be in a better mood tomorrow.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Can I get in on the pitcher of Margaritas? I too need some one to slap me across the face and tell me to get a new job

Shelby said...

Happy birthday Lola