Friday, June 27, 2008

My secret weapon


No, I'm not talking about my legs that bend this way and that to Guns N' Roses songs, I'm referring to this little wonder we call the Mexican Miracle Medicine. Any event involving rich food or drinking must be preceded by the consumption of two of these little white pills. Dan and I have really weak stomachs and this medicine helps tremendously. It's called Onoton. If you're ever in Mexico and have foolishly eaten at a roadside stand or consumed water from the tap you should go to the drugstore immediately and buy it. I've been lead to think they don't sell it in the US because it contains some kind of opiates. Dan's brother, who is a doctor, says certain opiates are banned for medicinal use in our country. I don't know if it's true but I like the thought of smuggling opiates, even if it's in a small and insignificant way. I have packed plenty for this weekend and I'm ready to consume camping's finest cuisine to my heart's content. Gracias Mexico, I owe you one amigo.


3 comments:

Stacie said...

I need to put these magic little pills in all of The Mullins stockings this year - it will really benefit me the most! :)

Shelby said...

Ha! When I saw the picture my first thought was your BC pills. Those are definitely my secret weapon :)

drygoods said...

Mariana! I didn't know you had a blog - I hope these magic pills helped you post-Chillata or whatever that atrocious beverage was with the Clamato in it. It was great to get to hang out with you and Dan more. I hope we see again soon! take care, Keli