Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Rain, Snow, Sleet, Hail and... Vodka?

It's almost impossible to get fired from the Postal Service. I know this because the postman at my work was arrested for passing out drunk in his truck in front of my office a couple years ago. The arresting officer told my coworker that his employer had sent him to rehab already, maybe more than once. Not long after he showed up on his old route again. I'm all for second chances but come on, put him behind a desk somewhere. Christ.

There was a news story today that the Post Office is considering cutting Saturday delivery. They are deeply in debt but not considering layoffs at this time.

I don't appreciate the rising cost of stamps if I know some of my money may go toward rehab for a repeat offender and potential child killer (a postal truck can be a deadly weapon). I think I'll start paying some more of my bills online.

1 comment:

amber8184 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.