Thursday, July 03, 2008

Another year...




I had a great birthday this year. Carolina gave me a beautiful bouquet of orange roses. She is only 6 months old but she arranges flowers like a pro. I went over to my parent's house after work and had a rum and Coke with my sis and my mom. It was the perfect way to spend the afternoon. We had a fantastic dinner out on the patio of burgers, corn on the cob, salad, watermelon and a delicious lemon cheesecake torte for dessert. My mom went the super thoughtful route and only wrote on the envelope of my birthday card so that I can reuse it. If you get a birthday card from me with a mismatched envelope you'll know where I got it. I won't tell you what song it plays when you open it. I like to keep at least a small element of surprise. You can kind of see it in the picture. It's the yellow one on the right that says, "Happy Birthday Mariana! Love, Mom and Dad". I think I'm going to give it back to my mom on her birthday later this month. We might start a new tradition where we just give each other the same card over and over. It would be really fitting for my family to do something totally weird like that. We used to have a contest to see who could find the cheesiest Valentine's Day card. It got super ridiculous. I digress...


I also finally got to open my gift from Dan, he bought it a few months ago and told me about it. It wasn't a surprise but it was an awesome gift. He got me Radiohead tickets. He is also going to suffer through the whole show and get stuck in the parking lot for 3 hours after the concert. What a guy! Overall it was a great day. My family and Dan really came through this year. Now we're off to Bellingham to celebrate the 4th.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Happy Birthday and now Happy 4th!!

XOXO