Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Reusies

If you're anything like me you have this unfortunate situation happening:




This is the stockpile of sandwich bags I pulled out of a drawer in my desk. I always bring cereal or chips to snack on at work and I feel so bad throwing away the plastic bags. They are perfectly good with maybe just a few crumbs in the bottom. I always forget they're there and don't take them home so they pile up. Annoying.
At my friend Jenn's baby shower this weekend a eco-concious friend gave her a couple of these:



Introducing Reusies, reusable food bags. So smart! You can order them here.  There are two sizes to choose from and you can wash them by hand, in the washing machine or even the dishwasher. Things like this make me think, "why didn't I think of that?" Next time I have a problem I'm going to seriously consider how I can solve it and make money at the same time. Add that to the list of my new year's resolutions.

1 comment:

Lyndsy said...

So cool! I also save my ziplock baggies if they only contained dry goods. These are brilliant!