Wednesday, May 28, 2008

No doubt this is a clever title


I love Gwen Stefani. I think she's very creative (understatement and paging Captain Obvious). One thing though, I loathe the name of her clothing/accessories line L.A.M.B. This is an acronym for 4 of her favorite words: love, angel, music and baby. It's just so twee, so excruciatingly precious; it makes me want to throw up cotton candy into my glittered pink toilet that plays lullabies when you flush it. In every other aspect I think she's awesome. I don't even mind that she named her son Kingston. I kind of like it, and I have issues with names, big issues. So, I propose a switch-up. She should call her brand B.L.A.M or B.A.L.M, except B.A.L.M. includes the phrase "baby angel" which stirs up all that cotton candy in the pits of my stomach. 

If I had a brand that was named an acronym with 4 of my favorite words it would be called S.H.I.T.: shenanigans, hullabaloo, itsy and totalitarianism. I would sell guns, or sparkly flip-flops, not sure. It would be good until my "fans" demanded a switch-up and I would have to go by H.I.T.S and sell baseballs and single tapes from the '90's, or T.I.S.H, but then I would go out of business. Remember what I said about names?

So my advice to Gwen is to stay away from the beautiful sparkly unicorns and sweet baby sheep. It's not a good place to go. 

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I will be the first customer when your S.H.I.T. line of sparkle flip-flops come out - Actually can I get a pair of those for Vegas?

Shelby said...

Lol. Just lol.

Shelby said...

PS you totally Rick Rolled me. I'm a sucker for Quizzes.

Anonymous said...

OMG HITS? haha laughing right now.....maybe i can give you my single tapes of SWV and Janet to get some cash money.....bets