Friday, May 23, 2008

Pizza and the suburbs

Am I the only woman in America that doesn't want to see the Sex and the City movie? Going with a group of friends sounds like fun but I look forward to the friends and not so much the movie. I feel like I'm supposed to be excited, like it's my duty to drool over this movie and count the minutes until its release. The truth is, I've never been a fan of Sex and the City. I find it a TV version of the magazines that tell me, page by page, that I'm a fat, short, unmotivated, bland, pimpled troll who needs prettier toe nail polish and a boyfriend with a six pack who wants to put things in my butt. I'm not down for a night on the town in a pink tutu, killer blister-creating stilettos and 8 rounds of pomegranate pineapple sake cucumber cosmotinis. This will surprise nobody because you all know that's not my thing. Let's get together and order a pizza, drink some wine or beer and catch up. After you see the movie call me and tell me which one of them dies, I am kind of curious about that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! oh lit.... I will eat pizza and drink your drink of choice anytime and any place! miss you tins and tins! stace

Shelby said...

This cracks me up. I have no intention on seeing the movie...until it's released on video of course.

Anonymous said...

Hey I never got into a lot of shows and really felt like an outkast when I didn't go to a survivor party for the first season finale.....it's all good lit, i'll crack open a brew with you and tell you the details..
xoxo -Bets
meanwhile we can watch a little cash cab and jeopardy at your new pad