Friday, October 23, 2009

Idle hands

I love to waste time. It's one of my favorite things to do. Is the sink full of dirty dishes? Yeah, but I'd rather play Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook. Does the dog need to pee? Sure, but I want to see what Kandi's mom says at the engagement party (don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about). Is the bathroom so dirty that there are mysterious life forms growing that resemble alien communities on distant planets? You bet, but I'm busy playing Sheep Launcher on my phone. Do you procrastinate? I think you need to take a hard look at your life and stop getting so much done. You're really blowing through that to do list like a motivated A-type with OCD and a subscription to Martha Stewart Living. Sit down and click on these links. These are some of my favorite time-wasters.

Do you like to browse Etsy? If you do, check out Regretsy. In case you're in a hurry I've found the best items for you here and here.
Texts From Last Night makes me feel old and yearn for crazy nights out in college.
I don't yearn for bargain shopping when I visit People of Walmart. Looking at this site makes me crave a treadmill and a shower.
I think twice about my Facebook posts after reading what these people have to say.
According to Michael Stipe, everybody hurts. You'll know it's true when you read these stories.

Ok, is the dryer full of clothes and the oven timer beeping? Good.

What other sites eat up your time? Send me the link, the dog can walk her own damn self.








3 comments:

amber8184 said...

No mention of http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com?? That's a daily time-killer.

I have to say, I had not seen the goat coat yet, but I think the comments on that one were far funnier than the actual goat coat.

Lill said...

http://tweetingtoohard.com/

Classic.

Lyndsy said...

Ha! I love TFLN! Always cracks my sh*t up! I can often be found wasting time on Facebook or www.weheartit.com great pics and i just can totally lose track of time. I also like Bejeweled but work blocks it...oh well.