Monday, October 26, 2009

Apostrophiasco

Hey people please read and heed: the apostrophe does not pluralize.
If you caption a photo with a family name, say, the Smiths, you don't need an apostrophe. The apostrophe denotes possession so you would only use it if you were talking about something that belongs to the Smiths.

Correct:
I heard about Judy Smith's new Mercedes. It cost more than my condo.

Incorrect:
Let's invite the Smith's over for a barbecue. Sam loves my deviled eggs.
WRONG! So very wrong.

Please, no more pictures captioned, "The Hoover's" or, "The Reagan's". Please!

A note to my coworker, the plural of box is boxes, not box's. The plural of shelf is shelves, not shelf's. Got it?


1 comment:

amber8184 said...

I'm so glad you're you.
Also glad you're blogging every day. :)