Tuesday, April 29, 2008

If you can't stand the heat, get out of my blog

I told you I was going to post about how I bend it like Bikram in hot yoga. I desperately want to claim I thought of the phrase bend it like Bikram, but I didn't. I read it on the internets somewhere. Anyway, it would be a lie because I don't quite bend it. I sort of stretch and reach it and suffer through it and often just give up and lay down during it. What I love about hot yoga is that even when you've exhausted yourself and have to lay down during class you're still burning tons of calories. Where else can you work out like that? I challenge you to think of a place where you simply lie down on your back and get a work out. Actually, no, don't tell me. I don't need to know about your naughty business. The point is hot yoga, although torturous and miserable, is a fantastic way to work out. It's the best detox too. However, there are a few things it's not good for, such as people with fantastic sense of smell (me), people who don't want to hear other people fart (me), people who are grossed out easily - especially when it comes to other people's sweat and emissions (me) and people who generally prefer laying in a vegetative state watching reruns of The Hills to exercise (again, me). So I'll be honest, these things keep me from going sometimes. I get scared I'm going to have to work out next to Stinky McFartsalot, Missy Idon'twashmymat or Bikeshorts McGee. I'm not a fan of these people. What I am a fan of though is feeling great and hot yoga really makes you feel good (afterward). So if you've never done it, give it a try. If you have, leave me a comment and tell me some things you love and some things you hate about it. I'll bet we're not so different me and you.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

I once took a class with a man in a hot pink banana hammock. Although he had a great bod for an "older man" the constant thrusting of his junk was almost unbearable... Does Bikeshorts McGee thrust? Not okay in my book!