Wednesday, April 02, 2008

welcome back my friend

I'm not one to let the weather affect my feelings. When you live in Seattle you can't really call in sick and spend the day in bed watching movies when it rains. If you did, you'd lose your job and your muscles would atrophy. You'd be an unemployed vegetable who's really good at movie trivia. I've never claimed to have SAD and I don't go tanning to enhance my vitamin D absorption. I don't jet off to Arizona for spring training or spend a few weeks in Palm Springs, and that's usually fine. This year though, this year has been kind of rough in the weather department. There were those few mandatory teaser sunny days in February. Usually it's cold for awhile after that and then it gradually turns to spring. But when it was supposed to be gradually turning we got, surprise...snow.

So even though I'm all tough and weather resistant I started to get a little mad. I mean, come on, snow?! Are you fucking kidding me? For months now I've been cold. I mean all the time, I'm cold when I wake up, I'm cold all day in my shitty cubicle, I'm cold in my apartment and then I'm cold when I get into bed again. There are a few minutes when I'm not cold and those are the glorious few minutes I spend in the shower. So I suffer through all those crappy short ass grey misty freezing days and then everybody makes a big deal out of the first day of spring and we all get excited and go buy shorts and then we wake up and it's fucking snowing outside. For real? In my frustration I have abandoned all use of commas - forgive me.

So today, today was good. I went outside at lunch and it was sunny, and kind of warm. I'll take that as a good sign that maybe someday soon I will not spend the entire day in icy misery. I say welcome back to the sun, stay awhile, we need you.


No comments: