Tuesday, March 18, 2008

black velvet, if you please


Last night Dan's friend Ryan took us out to an amazing dinner at the Met. In the spirit of St. Patrick's Day we drank a round of Black Velvets. This is the first time I've heard of mixing Guinness with champagne. I have to say, it is delicious. It was the perfect drink for the occasion now that I think about it. The dinner was a wedding gift from Ryan so the mix of the two was quite approriate.
When we first got there I ordered a Snake Bite, thinking I'd get Guinness and cider, but I got some crazy whiskey drink instead. It wasn't so bad, but I was still pretty dissapointed that I didn't get what I ordered. So it was a really nice surprise how good the Black Velvet turned out. I highly reccomend this drink, put it in heavy rotation on your schedule. Let's be honest, I don't go out that much but next time I do chances are good you'll find me enjoying a sweet frothy Black Velvet.

No comments: