Friday, March 21, 2008

T.G.I. go F yourself

What is up with my coworkers' obsession with the day of the week? I asked someone this morning a simple "how are you?" and the reply was "it's Friday". OK, seriously? I get what you're trying to say but come on, "it's Friday" is not an acceptable answer to "how are you?". Why do people let the week days control their emotions? Do you really feel like shit because it's Monday? Are you really doing ok because Wednesday is hump day which is almost Friday? I understand Monday through Friday are a knuckle dragging marathon through Satan's lair but do you really need to remind me what day it is every time I ask you a question? Please, stop and think. That's the problem; people don't want to think, or care about things. "It's Friday" is just a simple answer to get rid of me, to get me out of your hair. You don't really care how I am; I don't really care how you are. That much is established, but please, let's leave the days of the week out of it. I own a calendar, and a pair of eyes. Thanks for your consideration and have a great weekend.

No comments: